Hello loves. Things have been a bit slow around this blog, but I promise it won't stay that way for long. This August I've been keeping busy by getting off my butt and working on my portfolio - expect to see some beautiful faces around here soon! Plus I'm taking on a 30 day self portrait project which I can't wait to share with you. Here's a quick preview.
But instead of focusing on the emptiness, I just wanted to take some time to be thankful for all things in my life. "Some people are always grumbling that roses have thorns, I am thankful that thorns have roses." -Alphonse Karr
- My family’s health.
- Friends who have provided me with support and laughter through out the years.
- My mom’s home cooking.
- My boyfriend, who has loved me unconditionally despite my flaws.
- My car, Brenda, who has safely gotten me from point A to B for the last decade.
- The fact that I have a hot shower and warm comforter every night. It’s a simple thing, but I know there are others that are not as lucky.
- The ability to hear and experience music. Concerts on the grass.
- All those who have been a part of my life. Every single person.
- Good memories. Especially those by the sea.
- Laugh until it hurts moments.
- My camera. My iphone camera. I can’t imagine a better creative outlet than photography.
- My optimism. The ability to find beauty or humor in any situation.
- Farmers market. Fresh vegetables. Garlic, lots of it.
- Patience. Tolerance.
- Baby sloth videos on Youtube.
- The fact that I have motivation, goals, and dreams.
- The hot cup of tea in the morning and the cold glass of wine at the end of the night.
- The ability to move on from failure.
- The fact that getting older means shedding insecurities along the way.
- The fact that everyday I’m taking steps to be the person I was meant to be.
- My legs and lungs. The ability to dig deep and run that extra mile.
- The ability to feel pain and sadness.
- All the life experiences that have made me the person I am now.
- Finding beauty in unexpected places.
- The way my dog Jack wags his tail when I get home.
- My happiness.
- YOUR happiness.
So that's my list. What are you thankful for today?