30 self portraits in 30 days
Hey guys, it's been a while huh? I've been busy with a very special life project. Not ready to announce it yet so I'm keeping mum for now =) For now, I wanted to share some work that been hiding deep in the abyss of my hard drive. It's about time these pics saw the light of day!
Last August I gave myself a photo challenge to take 30 self portraits in 30 days. Everyday I set up my camera, tripod, and remote in order to take my picture of myself in a different way. I had a blast creating new lighting set ups and exploring my town for different shots. Most are SLR pics, but a few are iPhone shots. For anybody thinking about doing it... just do it! It was crazy crash course in lighting and photography.
You bet by the end the month I was so sick of taking my selfe. There's only so many ways to picture my face. Man I definetely have an appreciation for all those selfie artists out there.
Hope you enjoy!
1) First hair flipping selfie in my livingroom. The background is a wood painting I made.
2) Me trapped in a phone. Inspired by phone selfies
3) My favorite hat (now lost on an airplane somewhere.)
4) A purple door at the Children's Discovery Museum.
5) My little buddy Jack and I.
7) On top of the world at Almeden Quicksilver
8) Soaking in the window light
9) Oh hello there, just wearing some red lipstick.
10) Feeling light as a...
11) Catch me at the dive bar with a vodka tonic in hand
12) Three quarters view
13) Thinking about the sound of music here
14) I had to include a mirror shot of course!
15) Sometimes I wander around empty rooftop parking lots.
16) But I prefer to wander around heavily wooded areas.
17) Nighttime portrait
18) Trying to be sexy without the sex
19) Who hasn't eaten ramen like this before?
20) Just a brick wall at sunset
21) It's a complete coincidence that my eyeshadow matched my drink here. That the famous Shark Tank.
22) Somewhere under the 280 freeway
23) It's all about the light. In this case it was nearby wall sconce.
24) Cheers! my dear. Let's drink!
25) Livingroom portrait under a wall tree.
26) I REALLY liked pink back then.
27) Rocking out. Yes I like puns.
28) Trying to make out with my dog
29) This is what I look like when I'm shy, which is most of the time.
29) In camera double exposure!